Call for Late-Breaking Science: Submit Your Abstract by July 5
Submit your novel, innovative, contemporary, and of high scientific value abstract research.
The 2023 Annual Meeting Program Committee (AMPC) recognizes that the results of some exciting research may not have been available in time to meet the general abstract submission deadline. To further enrich the Annual Meeting scientific program, the committee has opened a call for late-breaking abstract submissions seeking ALL research that is novel, innovative, contemporary, and of high scientific significance for presentation at the AAO-HNSF 2023 Annual Meeting & OTO Experience, September 30 – October 4, in Nashville, Tennessee.
Late-breaking Scientific Oral Presentations will be five minutes in length. Submissions should be either clinical or basic/translational. They are limited to a maximum of six authors, including the presenting and senior authors identified at the time of submission.
- A limited number of late-breaking abstracts will be accepted for Scientific Oral Presentation. Some abstracts may be offered a Poster Presentation instead.
- The research must be novel, innovative, contemporary, and of high scientific significance to deserve special consideration after the original abstract deadline.
- Abstracts should describe either large clinical investigations or high-impact translational research that could not be completed prior to the original deadline.
- You will be required to answer the question, “Why is this abstract considered late-breaking?”
- Late-breaking abstracts must not be a revision of an abstract submitted prior to the original submission deadline unless previously withdrawn for consideration.
- Late-breaking abstracts must not have been presented or accepted for presentation at any other scientific meeting or published in any other journal at the time of submission and are subject to the same Annual Meeting presentation and publication embargo rules outlined in the original 2023 Call for Science.
- Full manuscripts of Scientific Oral Presentations must be submitted to the journal, Otolaryngology–Head and Neck Surgery for publication consideration. Authors of Poster Presentations seeking publication must first submit their manuscript to Otolaryngology–Head and Neck Surgery for peer review consideration. If manuscripts are not accepted by Otolaryngology–Head and Neck Surgery for publication, the authors can seek publication in another journal.
Submission Deadline: July 5
For more information, go to the late-breaking submission site.