Member Education Needs Assessment needs your input
Beginning this fall, the Foundation education program will begin its next Member Education Needs Assessment. It has been three years since the previous one and lots has been done in that time to address your recommendations and suggestions.
Beginning this fall, the Foundation education program will begin its next Member Education Needs Assessment. It has been three years since the previous one and lots has been done in that time to address your recommendations and suggestions. The launch of the new AcademyU® learning platform has given Members access to hundreds of education activities designed to meet their learning needs and styles.
The next Needs Assessment will build on that success and search for ways to continue to offer innovative education for our Members and the entire otolaryngology profession. We hope to identify your ongoing practice gaps and education needs so that we can develop education and knowledge resources you need to help further your career, improve your practice, and provide better patient care.
We will be seeking information through a variety of sources:
- Participant-activity evaluations: honestly completing these evaluations is more important than ever, as your feedback will let us know about your specific education needs.
- AcademyU polls and surveys: data from these tools will provide insight into what you value most about the Foundation’s education efforts.
- Quality Improvement data from the new Regent Data Registry: this will give us real data about how you practice so we can design education activities based on the special needs of otolaryngologist-head and neck surgeons.
- Education activity usage data: this will be used to get a clear sense of what education products you find most beneficial to your practice so we can provide such activities in the future.
- Expert identification of key topics through the Education Committees: used to determine what they should focus on when developing new content.
As a dedicated Academy Member, you will be given opportunities throughout the coming year to lend your voice to the Education Needs Assessment. Please don’t hesitate to tell us what you think!