WATCH: Member-Only Resources for Your Practice
Three recorded sessions from the AAO-HNS/F 2023 Leadership Forum & BOG Spring Meeting are now available to members.
Know Your Worth: A Pathway to Fair Compensation (member login required)
Willard C. Harrill, MD, Carolina Ear, Nose, Throat Sinus and Allergy Center
R. Peter Manes, MD, Yale School of Medicine and AAO-HNS Coordinator for Advocacy
Learn about what future models for compensation may look like and how quality metrics influence that. An update on coding challenges and strategies is reviewed as well.
A Recovery Plan for American Physicians AMA Advocacy Update (member login required)
Bobby Mukkamala, MD, Srinivas B. Mukkamala MD, PLC, Otolaryngology- Head and Neck Surgery, Flint, Michigan, Immediate Past Chair, AMA Board of Trustees
Learn more about the American Medical Associations efforts to:
- Reform Medicare payments to promote thriving practices and innovations
- Tackle prior authorization to reduce burdens on practices and delays in care
- Stop scope creep that threatens patient safety
- Reduce burnout and address stigma around mental health
- Advance telehealth to maintain coverage and payment.
Managing Your Payer Contracts and Reimbursement from Chaos to Control (member login required)
Dan Marano, CHFP, Lighthouse Healthcare Advisors
Learn more about:
- How to evaluate current reimbursement
- How to develop a contracting strategy and negotiate rates
- Ways to identify and understand the pain points with contract language
- Best practices for accounts/receivables and denial management.