Transactions from the Annual Meetings in 1896 and 1897 were collected, preserved, and disseminated. Beginning in 1903, these papers were released in a bound, hardcover collection as The Transactions of the American Academy of Ophthalmology and Oto-Laryngology.
was separated into two publications, one for ophthalmology and one for otolaryngology.
The otolaryngology version was retitled to Otolaryngology.
The journal's name was changed to its present title, Otolaryngology–Head and Neck Surgery,
concurrent with the formal name change of the Academy.