Otolaryngologist – Head and Neck Surgeon
Oschner Health - Hematology and Oncology | Covington, LA
Ochsner Health is seeking a Board Certified/Board Eligible Otolaryngologist – Head and Neck Surgeon. Ochsner Health is an integrated healthcare system with more than 36,000 employees and over 4,600 employed and affiliated physicians in over 90 medical specialties and subspecialties. It operates 47 hospitals and more than 370 health and urgent care centers across Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama and the Gulf South.
Ochsner Health in Covington, LA is seeking a Board Certified/Board Eligible Otolaryngologist – Head and Neck Surgeon to join its expanding practice at the St. Tammany Cancer Center – A Campus of Ochsner Medical Center, serving the needs of cancer patients in Covington, LA and the entire Northshore Region. The ideal candidate will establish a permanent presence in Covington and will be fully integrated into the Ochsner Head and Neck Surgical Oncology program, based at our Main Campus in New Orleans. Candidate must be certified or board eligible by the American Board of Otolaryngology. Working with shared clinical pathways and in a transparent quality framework, the Ochsner Head and Neck Team strives to elevate the quality of cancer care in the state of Louisiana and across the Gulf South. The Ochsner Head and Neck Team is multi-disciplinary including nationally renowned board-certified, fellowship-trained surgeons, radiation and medical oncology experts, nurse practitioners and a team of nurses with deep experience in caring for patients before, during and after surgery. The St. Tammany Cancer Center offers patient-centric care and includes other disciplines such as physical, occupational and speech therapy, psychologist specializing in oncology care, and other services under one roof. There is opportunity to work with multiple, multi-disciplinary teams that will benefit head and neck cancer patients. A dedicated nurse navigator provides convenient scheduling and support from the time of diagnosis forward.
The head and neck surgical oncologist will benefit from an integrated practice model and built-in referral network offering a broad range of general to complex cases from the Northshore, central and western Louisiana regions. Surgeries are performed at both St. Tammany Parish Hospital and Ochsner Medical Center in New Orleans depending upon the complexity of surgery performed. Complex cases involving free tissue transfer or skull base procedures will be performed at Ochsner Medical Center in New Orleans in partnership with the New Orleans team and with full support of residents and medical students. The Da Vinci robot is available at both locations. Potential research and teaching opportunities are available.
- Collaborative team to assist with the customized plan of care for each patient
- Multidisciplinary clinics across Ochsner Health System
- APP support
- Weekly call rotation shared amongst physicians within the group (clinic and hospital consult)
- 24/7 reliable hospitalists onsite
- Integrated practice model with strong, internal referral network
- Support available from specialists throughout the Ochsner Health System
- EPIC medical record platform utilized throughout the Ochsner Health System
- Tort reform state
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary is commensurate with experience and training
- Paid vacation, holidays and CME
- Full benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance
- Additional benefit options focused on physical, financial, social and mental health
- Retirement options (401k, 403b, and 457b)
- Relocation assistance
- Malpractice and tail insurance
Why Choose Ochsner Health:
- Flexible schedules to ensure a healthy work-life balance.
- Integrated health care delivery model with multi-specialty collaboration, large internal referral network and innovative resources dedicated to improving patient care and your ease of practice.
- Physician-led organization that ensures our providers are given the tools and support needed to care for patients.
- Professional development opportunities in teaching, research, physician leadership and community service.
- EPIC medical record platform utilized throughout the health system to enhance flexibility in patient management.
- Our dedication to diversity, equity and inclusion is demonstrated by hiring a workforce that celebrates individual uniqueness among people and cultures. We focus our efforts in key areas that correlate back to our core values of Patient First, Compassion, Integrity, Inclusivity, Excellence and Teamwork.
Call the Northshore Home
The Northshore region, near Mandeville, Slidell and Covington, LA is located north of Lake Pontchartrain from New Orleans. Just 30 miles from New Orleans the Northshore region offers a family oriented, low cost of living location with easy access to all the amenities of a larger city. Known for its many recreational programs for both adults and children, excellent parks, frequent festivals and community events throughout the year, the Northshore has continued to attract residents to the growing area. Additionally, St Tammany Parish is ranked #1 for its outstanding, award-winning public school system
Ochsner is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.